My hair was doing its own thing most of the cruise.
I didn't bring my flat iron and the breezes on the decks
made any effort to tame my hair go sideways!
I packed very lightly...
glad I packed with versatile layering pieces.
The puffy vest was great as it kept me warm at the Glacier and on shore excursions.
Koningsdam
Holland America Cruise Ship
Very well appointed, cozy room with a verandah.
Great staff, fun entertainment and overall exceptional service and food.
Beautiful scenery
~ Juneau ~
On the only rainy day
we went to the State museum which was fabulous.
Lots of First Nations Art and Artifacts
and local history displays.
We HAD TO stop at Tracy's Crab Shack.
It did not disappoint.
Sweet and Fresh Crab 10 out of 10
I wore my sleeveless black dress several nights...
the lacy cardigan was a good choice as it kept my arms warm.
Creme Brulee
Lindt Chocolate Mousse atop a wee cake...
YUM
Food in the dining room and onboard in other areas was really delicious.
(I gained 4 pounds on the cruise)
I blame it on dessert...we rarely eat dessert at home.
One of my favourite spots...
overlooking the pool.
~ Skagway Alaska ~
Heritage buildings and a rich gold mining history.
On board "wildlife"
Our favourite night time entertainment was Billboard.
Two incredibly talented young fellows playing two pianos.
Crayton and George were a fun duo...
they engaged the audience and we totally enjoyed their evening sets.
(5 nights we attended)
They played a wide range of hit songs from the 60's to the 90's.
One shelf had books to exchange in the Onboard Library.
Am reading this now...
can't wait to figure out how it ends.
~ Glacier Bay ~
Johns Hopkins Glacier
Stunning Scenery
Floating ice
lots of birds
and
harbour seals.
The weather after the rainy day in Juneau was amazing!
Sunshine, blue skies and so warm.
I purchased a new scent in Vancouver before we boarded the ship.
Have never had any Jo Malone fragrances before and I quite like this light cologne.
Salmon Croquette and greens
Cheese Board
~ Ketchikan ~
We went to The Great Lumberjack Show.
Had another crab feed at Ketchikan Crab and Go.
So tasty...
I didn't buy anything except a deck of cards and a ball cap.
Never had a ball cap before and I always wanted one.
Well we had a GREAT WEEK.
It flew by so fast and we enjoyed the cruise SO MUCH.
I highly recommend Holland America if you plan to go on a cruise.
Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.
Until next time...
~ Be Well and Be Kind ~



















26 comments:
I have always enjoyed Holland America cruises. I like the entertainment and enjoy the food. Brian and I find a cruise relaxing.
What great photos! And I like your hair doing its own thing!
What a FABULOUS TRIP!!!!!! Your photos are outstanding! The delicious food and the gorgeous scenery! Even the entertainment sounds wonderful. So glad you had a marvelous time!
It all looks so relaxing and fun! Every woman needs a ball cap. The food looks so yummy. Thank you for sharing your cruise!👍
It is a pretty easy way to travel...the ports were busy as there were other cruise ships in port but we had an absolutely delightful holiday...having not ventured far since Covid it felt so refreshing.
It was so easy to let it air dry....maybe will just let it go wild more often!!
Miss Merry...It was a sublime cruise...all the stars aligned and we loved it all!
So relaxing...the beds are incredibly comfy...our stateroom was so quiet...we were below the Spa so no nightlife venues to disturb our slumber...am thinking we should go to Hawaii in a couple of years....there is a Vancouver to Hawaii and back to Vancouver cruise on the Koningsdam. Something to think about...but I want to go to Tofino up island again...we went a couple of times...once when I was pregnant with our son...toddler in tow and another time since then...I think we'd love to go back...the beach at Chesterman is perfection....
Hi. My late husband and I did that cruise quite a few years ago when our daughter and son in law were working in Vancouver. Our ship was theVolendam. We had such a great time. My husband was so reticent about going on a cruise! But he so enjoyed it. We followed up a few years later with another Holland America cruise around Spain and Portugal and then up to Norway to see the glaciers. Fabulous. Sadly my beautiful husband died suddenly a few years ago and now I’ve put on my ‘big girl pants’ haha and do solo travel. It took courage to do my first trip but I survived and try to do one each year. At 74 I’m enjoying small group bus tours. They have been excellent for a solo traveller. There are always other solo lady travellers for company. Ann from Australia
Your cruise photos are beautiful! And that crab looks delicious. I'm glad your vacation was delightful. I'm glad also that you are enjoying your new perfume. Jo Malone Wood, Sage and Sea Salt is one of my favorite perfumes. I've been wearing it for about ten years now. It's perfect when I want a light and fresh-smelling scent that isn't overpowering.
So happy to see all the beautiful photos. Look forward to reading your blog!!!!
Beautiful photos, and the crab and desserts look delicious! Vicki
fabulous photos (I love how you always post them with a border, like old-timey developed photos)! and the ball cap looks great on you. love Jo Malone for interesting and lightweight scents, though they don't have a lot of staying power, I find. Early Grey and Cucumber is another refreshing scent that isn't cloying.
Great photos and looks like you had a wonderful time! We usually prefer more historical areas, but after all the gorgeous scenery in Ireland we are contemplating an Alaska cruise. Your photos are helping us decide. Glad you enjoyed the trip so much!
What a great trip, love the beautiful scenery. Awesome, in the true sense of the word! You look so good with natural hair, soft and wavy; the baseball cap really suits you too. Food looks Yum. So glad you had a good time, and thanks for sharing some of it with us.
Erina
Cruises are not really my thing, but that all looks and sounds wonderful, Leslie! Love the ball cap on you! It suits you!
Hi Ann...Losing a spouse is a life altering event...I have a friend who has recently become a widow and I admire how she is picking herself up and getting out and about. I applaud you for taking charge and travelling on your own...there are quite a few women's travel groups here and one of my Yoga friends has done several trips and she loves the experience.
Have fun on your next adventure.
Oh the crab...so sweet and tasty. My mouth waters when I recall those two crab meals. We won't be going too far for the next few years...this was a "big trip" fo us...we have a cat and a big garden to take care of so getting away means hiring a house and cat sitter...fortunately we have a wonderful woman who helps us out when we go to the cottage every month.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the posts...thank you for taking the time to say hello!
Those desserts were definitely calorific...how could I say no? Well I've gotten back to my normal regime and I have faith that those extra 4 pounds will be gone soon.
Jo Malone makes so many different scent blends!! I could have stayed at the counter for hours testing them all...nice to know you have a favourite scent. They don't last as long as I thought...I spritzed myself several times a day :-))
Ann, The small towns were quite touristy...lots of shops, restaurants, pubs etc but we sought out the history and visited a couple of museums. The railroad excursion is the most popular...you need to book ahead...apparently it was fabulous!
My husband thinks the ball cap is "cute"...I wanted something smaller than my old big brimmed straw hat for wearing off the ship...the day it rained I wore it under my rain jacket hood...kept my glasses from getting all spotted with raindrops.
This is our second cruise and I can see how people can get addicted to them...everything is there that you might need...Pools, library, bars, a games area, classes, and the beds are super comfy...lots of choices for activities and entertainment...and many many venues for food...walking on The Promenade deck helped with steps and there was a fitness centre which was busy and a full service spa!
How wonderful to see and read about your cruise. Everything looks wonderful, and you look lovely too. Those Glaciers look so dramatic and the chocolate dessert so pretty and delicious. My sister went on the same cruise 4 weeks ago, while we were over the other side of Canada. Funny coincidences, and I love this post.
Thank you Patricia...I hope your sister enjoyed her cruise...you must have had a grand time visiting with your family ! Travel is wonderful but home definitely beckons...I am very happy that we went on the cruise and equally happy to be home again.
Post a Comment