Wednesday, January 10, 2024

January ~ Thrifting and some healthy changes...

 


Found a camisole at the Thrift Shop and I was SO pleased...
A lacy camisole had been on my "wish list" for quite a few months.

The cost of the ones that I loved were much more than I wanted to spend.
Trying to be mindful of expenditures now that Hubby is fully retired. 
Slowly coming to the reality that we are now "pensioners."
The cost was under $5 so easily justified :-))


Paired it with my faded denim shirt....added some pearls.

I am really enjoying wearing denim these days.
The denim jeans (no spandex) from MNG purchased last year.

Have a few old distressed items that I am happy to say didn't get culled.
The denim jacket from Old Navy, the Old Navy darker denim shirt, lighter one (here) and the denim jumper by Tribal and a chambray denim long tunic from Lands End.

I have on order a new denim dress...from Lands End.
I love how soft the garments feel when they have been washed many times.
~ COZY ~



Adding more fibre daily...
Bran Buds and protein rich Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup of each mixed together in the morning after my cup of coffee.

Also reducing portions for a while to see if this helps me shed a few pounds.
I have tried intermittent fasting for the past year and was not seeing much difference.


We have had a mixed bag with weather...
sunshine and clear blue skies mixed with gale force winds and rain.


Despite the inclement weather 
I need to push myself to get out in the fresh air...


Mother Nature's Pearls...
Snowberries.

There is snow in the forecast!!!


Lovely hand cream, William Morris At Home.
A gift from our son and the grandchildren.

Did a quick manicure today...Sally Hansen "Expresso" one coat dries in a minute. 


Soft faded denim and pearls with a wee bit of lace peeking out.


This image shows off the lace...

I didn't have my black velour jacket open this much at coffee!!!

I just wanted to show you the pretty lacy details that are hidden.

Lingerie is really a private item in our wardrobes...
wearing it makes us feel feminine and comfortable.

I love the Prima Donna line of bras and panties...
Lily Pad Lingerie here in Victoria carry their line.

I am due to visit them soon and purchase my annual supply.

Well I suppose that is all to share for now...
Hope your year is off to a great start.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~ 

8 comments:

Sheila said...

I love finding a great basic like this lace-trimmed camisole for cheap in the thrift store! This one is lovely on you, Leslie - great deal at less than $5! I wear very little denim, unless it's an unusual colour or print.

Hasn't the weather been crazy? It looks like the snow is going to hold off, though.

I'm a fan of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes! I have a bunch of them (they have lasted years) that I use for my toes in summer. I so rarely do my fingernails - never on a regular basis. That's a great colour - the browny-pink is good on everyone.

Stay warm!

Lorrie said...

A lovely post, Leslie. Your new camisole is very pretty and you will find lots of ways to wear it, I think.
Getting out on the rainy days is tough, but always worth it in the end. Coming home to a cup of tea is a good motivation for me.
Have a good week.

the veg artist said...

If you didn't live several thousand miles away I'd love you to come and cull then refresh my wardrobe. I often intend to do it, but never seem to get there!!

Jeannine said...

Always enjoy your posts, Leslie. Interesting that intermittent fasting didn't do anything for you. I've never tried it, myself. There's just no magic that works for losing weight and it seems to get harder the older we get! I guess we need way less food than we think we do! I've been culling as well - haven't tackled all in my closet yet as I've been working on my sewing room. Chipping away at it so I don't start feeling overwhelmed and give up!

Patricia said...

What great thrift items you find! The camisole looks so pretty, soft and feminine, a great contrast with denim. We have just become 'pensioners' too, and I am struggling a bit with it. It is a big change in one's life. I think I need to find a good thrift shop, which will give my shopping gene a little place to play. I do not know the Insta Dri nail polish, and love that colour. Are those snowberries really fruit? I have never heard of them. Be warm.

Ann said...

Love your camisole and what a bargain! Don't you love the feeling when you snag something like that? I was at Costco - yes, Costco - and found a ribbed knit black dress ...for 1 dollar! I could not believe it. Was not crazy about the belt, removed it, added a scarf and boots and wore it to church with lots of compliments. Happy Shopping!

RK said...

That camisole is a terrific find! It's so satisfying to find one piece--especially thrifted--that gives our regular items (and our spirits) a bit of a lift. January somehow calls for the little touches like pretty underthings, appealing scents, and a bit of color on the lips or nails.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sheila ~ The weather is crazy!! It is a snow day here for many. I made a big batch of soup and redid my manicure...I love how fast the Insta Dri polish works!
Saw some fur coats at Good Things...one longer one which I think is mink for under $200...would be cozy for a walk today :-))

Lorrie ~ Oh today is a great day to bundle up and go for a walk...all the snow and few cars makes everything so quiet. I bet Rithet's Big is magical today!

the veg artist ~ Oh I am not an expert but I do think it helps to have someone help...you need to try things on to decide IF they get culled...and think about other ways to wear the garment...for example can you wear a shirt unbuttoned as a jacket? Can you alter a piece so that it fits better or looks different? I like to hang all the same colours together...makes me feel more organized and it is easier to choose what to wear. I am sure you can find a professional tutorial online that would help you!

Jeannine ~ I saw an article that women over 65 should not rely on intermittent fasting for weight loss!! Wish I had known this before I tried it!!! Aqua Fit class and portion control are my new focuses...good luck with your culling...a few items each day is how many people tackle the process.

Patricia ~ THrift shopping is a great alternative to buying new...there are many good items waiting...you do need to go with an open mind and slowly peruse the selections...don't forget to look at menswear. The snowberries are bird friendly not "people food!"
We have snow today and the robins are madly hopping about looking for food.

Ann ~ I think a dress for $1 is an amazing buy!!! Our thrift shops charge more than a dollar...good find.

RK ~ January is a quiet month for us...we tackle annual jobs...shredding old receipts bills etc...tidy out closets. I crave colour in the winter so I often will buy a new colour of nail polish or a new lipstick...maybe even a vintage silk scarf from the thrift shop...Happy New Year!