Sunday, November 26, 2023

Dinners In and out ~ OOTD...


I bought this simple black Eileen Fisher dress a few years ago...
it has become a real workhorse in my wardrobe.

I have worn it with a white long sleeved top underneath
tights and black Chelsea Boots.

Last night I wore it as it is and added a soft wool Petrusse scarf as a shawl.



This is a surprisingly warm scarf despite it being rather sheer.

I received this in one of the My French Country Boxes from France.
It has had a few years of use and still looks new.


I thought about wearing my Ferragamo shoes 
but in the end I decided I should test drive the new Coach loafers.

I wore sheer black hose for the first time in ages...
fortunately I have a few new packages in my drawer.

I added the vintage rhinestone bracelet and wore my simple princess cut diamond necklace and studs.

It felt strange not wearing my pearls 
I thought that I should keep it simple when adding the BLING.


We had a delicious dinner at Zambri's our favourite Italian restaurant.


I forgot to capture our appetizers, main course but here is dessert!
Passionfruit Panna Cotta
so delicious!

We had a lovely evening out and it was such a treat.

On Friday evening we hosted a small dinner party here in The Humble Bungalow.


The table is set and ready for the guests.


Appetizers ~ cheese plate with Olives, pickles, antipasto and candied salmon with assorted crackers in the living room in front of the fireplace.

The main course ~ Beef Daube, mashed potatoes and green beans.
Dessert ~ large brownies topped with fresh raspberries.

I wanted to host a casual dinner before everyone got busy with the seasonal events.

Have you noticed that people are out in droves buying Christmas presents?
I too am trying to get my shopping done early.
I need time to bake some cookies and the annual Christmas Tourtieres.


Hope that you are all staying healthy...
I have heard that the viruses are making the rounds.
One of my friends has been hospitalized and she's been in for a week and only now starting to feel better.

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all dressed up for a special evening out, a lovely outfit. I too enjoy a good daube. I use a
Patricia Wells recipe from one of her older books, very easy and yummy.
JoanS

Susan said...

Everything is so lovely!

Lorrie said...

Dinner out and Dinner in - a good balance! Your outfit with the scarf is very pretty. Delicious menu you created; I'm sure your guests had a wonderful time. I was out shopping over the weekend and couldn't believe all the people! Everyone has the same idea of getting shopping done early, I think. Have a great week, Leslie.

Jeannine said...

Always happy to see a new post from you, Leslie! And this one certainly is wonderful!

Brenda N said...

Hi Leslie, I so enjoyed your dinner out outfit, as well as seeing the Aperol spritz (which I've been wanting to try). The vintage rhinestone bracelet reminds me I have sa couple in my jewelry drawer that I should wear. My casual everyday life makes me forget I have them. Enjoyed your beautiful holiday table as well. I am a nut for scarves and just ordered and received two 35" square silk Echo scarves, ordered during the big sales here. Now if it would only cool off down here in So. Calif! Take care :)

Sheila said...

How lovely that you got to go out, plus host at your lovely home. Zambri's is one of my favourite restaurants too!

I'm down with Covid - all these years and both my husband and I got it. Thankfully I just had my booster a couple of weeks ago, so hoping it won't hit me too hard (but I'll be off work all week).

Take care and stay safe!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Joan S ~ I have never used a Patricia Wells recipe but know how well received her talents and books are in the cooking community. Thank you for your kind words.

Susan ~ Thank you...I think setting a pretty table for guests when entertaining is as important as the cooking of a meal.

Lorrie ~ I was also surprised by the number of shoppers in the mall and people out at the grocery stores. The festive season seems to be l=already in motion! Take care and enjoy getting your shopping done.

Jeannine ~ I haven't been posting about clothes very much lately as I am in a casual mode twice a week at the aquafit classes! They are a lot of fun and I tend to wear comfy fitness attire both going to the pool and then coming home.

Brenda N ~ Oh I am a scarf fan too...hope that your new scarves are beautiful and useful in your wardrobe. Take those rhinestone pieces out of the jewel box and wear them! They are such a fun accessory and people will notice them. I receive many comments on my vintage pieces. Enjoy your week!

Sheila ~ I read your most recent blog post and was sorry to hear about you and L getting Covid. I do hope it is a mild case and that you are not too sick.
Take care

beth byrd said...

Hello,

Sending you a huge thank you.

I just finished reading "The Good Women of Safe Harbour" by Bobbi French and I must thank you for recommending this beautifully written book. It was, as you mentioned, a difficult subject but it was done so well that I couldn't put this book down. One of the best I've read this year.

I've been following for a year or two down and I truly enjoy your blog.

Ann said...

Your outfit was lovely! Glad you hosted a nice dinner before the crazy chaos begins. We hosted cousins a few weeks ago, and yesterday my college friends. Brunch is our signature entertaining mode. Have a wonderful holiday season!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Beth Byrd ~ Glad to hear that you enjoyed the book. It was a surprise to me to have discovered this excellent book in one of the wee free libraries. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Ann ~ We often do a happy hour with a few friends...I have done family brunch but never with other friends (except at the cottage when we have visiting guests.)
I must consider it as there are so many tasty brunch recipes.

Julie said...

You certainly are a gracious hostess. Everything looks lovely.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Julie ~ Thank you I do try to make evenings a pleasant experience when we invite guests over to our home!