Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Mellow Yellow...

 


Pops of Colour
Yellow

With all that is going on globally...

I am seeking cheer in my daily round.
As hard as the news is to hear we need to be informed.


I don't consider myself a "news junkie."
Limiting the amount of negative news is something I consciously do.
Being sensitive, I need to be mindful of the amount I can process.


While at the garden centre I purchased 10 pots of tete a tete daffodils.
These wee plants will brighten up the border out front of the Humble Bungalow.
At the cashier there was a donation notice...
I added an amount to be sent to Ukraine.

These small acts of kindness 
where we all participate 
can help to make a difference.


Chester seems to be feeling better...
he's gained a few more ounces and is more energetic.
He loves a warm spot of sunshine to lie in and enjoys a nap on a lap.


I've got a very tall stack of books to be read.
Daisy Jones and The Six is my next book.

I've not been reading as much as I usually do...
walking and domestic chores and de-cluttering are keeping me busy!


Seen on my walk...


My new Columbia coat (which I shared on a recent post) is really warm and so cozy.

The pile lining in the hood helps keep my neck warm.
The silver mesh "Omni Tech" lining reflects the heat and keeps me from being cold.

Walking quietly in Nature helps to keep me calm and grounded...
there are small surprises that pop up on my radar when I walk.

A former co-worker who walked regularly
focusing on thoughts that "bubbled up"
 called it "mindful meditation."

The "first" 5 pounds are lost...
now working on the next 5.

Little by little...one day at a time.


Hope that you are finding some peace and solace in everyday simple Joys.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

6 comments:

Patricia H said...

I get so happy when I see a new post from you. It is a real bright spot in my day.

I can relate to your feelings about the news and what is happening in the world. I also try to limit my news intake because it really does have an effect on me, but I have been watching more than usual because I am so blown away by the resilience and heart of the Ukrainian people.
I try to focus on that.

I am very glad to hear that Chester is feeling better. Our beloved pets can be such needed therapy for us during these stressful times.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Linda Henderson said...

Glad to hear the good news on Chester. He is a good-looking fellow. I smiled when I saw two books in your stack that I enjoyed very much: Daisy Jones and The School of Essential Ingredients. Hope you enjoy them too. Thank you for the beautiful photos and kind encouragements. They are very much appreciated.

beth b said...

I love yellow and it is such a welcoming sight in spring. I've been taking photos along my walks of all sorts of findings that are of interest -- dried leaves, unusual plants, etc.

Madame La-Bas said...

You definitely have a stack of books there! I've had to change my listening/viewing habits too. After pandemic, fires, convoys, the news of civilians being bombed in Ukraine is unbearable.
Blue skies, flowers and cuddly pets will not solve the world's problems but they make daily life pleasant for sure.

Lorrie said...

Congratulations on your 5 pound milestone! That looks like a fun stack of books to read! Being mindful is important these days, and finding a balance of news and not news is a tricky one.

Sheila said...

"Daisy Jones and the Six" was one of our book club picks last year - I enjoyed it.

Glad Chester is doing better! I also avoid the news - "I can gather all the news I need from the weather report" (Simon and Garfunkel).