Monday, August 30, 2021

Quarterdeck Cottage ~ an oasis of peace.


We are at Quarterdeck Cottage this week...
we arrived with a bucket of fresh cut flowers from The Humble Bungalow Garden.

I couldn't resist bringing some of our roses.
Jude the Obscure, Julia Child and The McCartney rose fill the vase. 


Sunshine and the expansive views of the Salish Sea are such a tonic.

We went for a drive and walked along two different beaches 
beachcombing...collecting feathers and pieces of sea glass.

An artist has been busy creating some interesting carvings...





Building 
Driftwood structures are popular with many at the beach.





Our cottage time is so peaceful.

We sat out on the deck last night and gazed up at the stars... 
watched the brightly lit ferries as they passed by the cottage.

Feeling immense contentment here at the cottage.

Nature continues to amaze...

it renews our energies
inspires us
refreshes and invigorates.

The sound of the waves as they hit the rocky shore

the various bird songs
my favourite of which is the song of the purple martins

the breeze as it swishes the branches of the trees

all things that I have come to love and appreciate.

I've got a post to share with you soon...
we were fortunate to be able to host a dinner on the deck here with a fashion blogger and her husband and her lovely daughter.

We didn't take pictures of us all but I can share the menu.
If you want to get a sneak peak check out my Instagram post.

In closing, here's a picture of the other flowers that we brought to the cottage.


Sweet Peas
this summer we have enjoyed a bumper crop of these fragrant beauties.
The more we picked the blooms the faster they grew.
I cannot remember a summer when we had so many sweet peas.
They are cheap and cheerful and so worth the effort of growing them.

Hope that you are doing well and staying safe.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

6 comments:

Susan said...

Our farmhouse is like your Quarterdeck Cottage in that we find great peace and enjoyment there. I've loved all of your posts about your cottage. I love it that you brought roses from home.

Lorrie said...

Your cottage sounds like the perfect place to ride out the end of this month in peace and beauty. Roses and sweet peas are such beautiful flowers. I like to take bouquets along when we go on the boat or camping, too. Enjoy the rest of your week. I look forward to your post about your dinner party (I've seen the IG post.)

Patricia H said...

Sounds like heaven.
Sweet Peas are my favorite!

Linda said...

I like the carving of the birds. and your roses are gorgeous

Elaine @ Following Augustine said...

I just came over from Jennifer's blog to say hello. Your photos bring back fond memories of my childhood home on the waterfront at Powell River.

Madame La-Bas said...

What an idyllic time! You have read so many books and enjoyed delicious meals. I'm trying to lure my travel phobic husband to a Tofino/Uclulet visit in September/October. It was lovely that you could host Jennifer. I've been reading her blog for so many years.