Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Escape to the Cottage

 


We escaped to the cottage for a few idyllic days.
The weather was mostly warm and sunny albeit a bit breezy.


The first night it rained late in the day 
we had a perfectly lovely stroll around the complex after dinner.
I spied this beautiful fuchsia magnolia bloom with luminous raindrops.


We love seeing this boat go out to sail.
The owner must love sailing 
 we see him set sail almost every time we are at the cottage.


We spend a lot of time reading and walking.
I read The Bookshop of Yesterdays
Some Women 
The Keeper of Lost Things

I absolutely LOVED The Keeper of Lost Things.
Ruth Hogan also has written another book called
The Wisdom of Sally Red Shoes
which I immediately ordered from my favourite bookshop Ivy's.

Found Son of a  Trickster by Eden Robinson 
in a little free library box on South Pender.
It's my next book...


We enjoy beachcombing here on Pender.


I spied a lovely red spotted scrap which I thought was a scarf or a rag...
turns out it is kelp and it is so beautiful!

I received a note today that Feedburner is being discontinued 
so the Follow Me Widget that sends an email of every post to you directly 
will no longer work.

You can follow my blog on Bloglovin if you so desire.

Hope that you are well and staying safe.
We are experiencing a third wave of Covid cases here.
My husband and I will have our first shots before the end of the month.
In the meantime we are wearing our masks, washing our hands a lot and only seeing people outdoors.

Thank you for popping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

6 comments:

Madame La-Bas said...

You will have a lovely week, I think. It's breezy here but sunny. I have read 3 of those books and enjoyed them. Happy reading!

La Contessa said...

I found out today MAILCHIMP hasnot sent my posts out since MARCH!
Hopefully, that problem is FIXED NOW!
THAT KELP.......did you take it HOME?

Unknown said...

How do we sign up for bloglovin?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Take care Joanne and enjoy the sunshine!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I left the kelp on the n=beach for someone else to enjoy! I wonder what's up with MailChimp? Technology is often tough to keep up with!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Search online for Bloglovin and enter your email and type in Hostess of the Humble Bungalow as one of the blogs that you want to follow and you should be good.