Monday, February 19, 2018

I can see clearly now....

After procrastinating for months...
I finally got around to purchasing new glasses.
Several readers asked to see what they looked like when I got them...
so I took a couple of selfies in the bathroom!


The glasses are from Paris made by a company called Face a Face.


They have a few fun details that make them a bit more interesting than my previous pair which were also by Face a Face.


Check out the shoes!!!

I'm seeing much clearer now.
On the same visit I ordered Maui Jim sunglasses 
made up with my new prescription.
It was a wee bit of a splurge but the coating was wearing off my previous sunglasses 
the lenses were so scratched that when I wore them 
the world around me looked fuzzy!


And with such lovely things to admire in our neck of the woods 
why not be able to see them better?


My sister gave me a bar of pink Zote soap...

I just realized that you can see my reflection in the LG dial!
Clever perhaps?
not really
'twas an accident.


Have you ever heard of this soap?

It's new to me
she said it is an excellent laundry stain remover.
She spends time in Palm Springs in the winter and this is where she discovered its remarkable stain removing powers...


Speaking of new products...
have you tried David's Teas?

I was surprised that they carry so many different blends of teas.
This one caught my eye...perhaps it was the name
"Forever Flawless"
I like the taste 
brew a big mug full every day 
to sip it while I work around the house...
it helps to keep me hydrated and hopefully it is also helping my skin.


My skin tends to be dry, especially during the winter months 
I put that down to the the cold air outside and our forced air furnace.
I am diligent with my weekly exfoliation habit and I use moisturizer morning and night.
Avene mineral water spray helps add extra moisture throughout the day.

Drinking extra fluids...
(non caffeinated fluid)
 is important.
I read somewhere that for every cup of coffee one drinks 
that you need to drink 3-4 glasses of water to balance out 
the diuretic effect of that cup of coffee!


Made a roast beef dinner this past week...
one of the perks of making a roast is that there are leftovers to reheat the next evening.
Cook once dine twice is my kind of time saver!

Hope your week is off to a great start.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~


35 comments:

Susan B said...

Cute glasses! I love that feeling of putting on a pair with a new prescription and seeing more clearly than before.

Tomato Thymes said...

Love face a face frames and you have chosen some very cute and clever frames. Nice.

Becky said...

J’aime tes lunettes. Tres chic.

materfamilias said...

Both my regular and my sunglass frames (both prescriptions) are Face à Face, but I didn't get lucky with high heels to tuck behind my ears!
I like David's Teas Cinnamon Rooibos Chai and also the Crème Brulée. I haven't tried Forever Flawless, but my son-in-law gave me a sampler pack for Christmas a few years ago, so I've tried at least 12 of them!! Astonishing variety!

DaniBP said...

Love your new glasses, they are perfect on you. I have never heard of that soap but I'm curious! Please let us know if it does indeed work magic on stains.
I'm a big fan of tea this time of year and you have me thinking I should make some right now. My son occasionally buys me David's tea! They do have interesting blends.
Cook once dine twice sounds good to me too xxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely glasses,Hostess!
I've never heard of Zote soap (funny photo indeed!)
Dottoressa

Jeannine said...

Cute glasses. I have heard of that soap, but only by name - didn't know that's what it is good for. Cook once, dine twice is always a good thing in my book.

sensitive poet said...

Thoroughly modern and peppy glasses - look great on you! I agree Avene mineral water is wonderful, seems to last longer than the other mineral waters. Tatcha also makes a milky spray (mist) than provides a long lasting drink of moisture to face and hands.

Sandra Sallin-Apart from my Art said...

You look great and so does your dinner! Disappointed I wasn't invited. Would you believe we had snow in Southern California today. I mean in Beverly Hills!

Barbara said...

You look adorable, Hostess, in your new glasses! I'm inspired now to look for a new pair.

rebecca said...

I like those glasses!
AND I need that reminder re. drinking plenty of water. (It's so easy for me to fall behind.)
Love the cook once eat twice mantra ♥

KSL said...

Your new glasses look great. I always cook enough so we have it two nights - with two people eating it just seems right. I haven't tried those teas, but since my husband's name is David, I will absolutely look for them.

La Contessa said...

YOU are on THE BALL and getting things done!Especially that dinner!LOOKS DELICIOUS!I made a beef BRISKET last night it too was good but NO LEFTOVERS!

Lorrie said...

Cute glasses, and a reminder that I am long overdue for an eye exam. I carry a mug of tea around the house, too, and have one at my desk at school. I haven't tried many of David's Teas, but they do have an amazing variety.

christy said...

Lovely new frames and all the better to see those lovely spring flowers that are popping up in your neighbourhood. It will be a long time before I see such things as we are still buried in snow here.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Every few years I need a stronger prescription..I just hope that I do not max out what the lenses can improve on!!!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

There is a super assistant at the optical shop and I always wait until she is free to help me...she knows just what works for my face shape. Not sure that I could do it alone!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Merci beaucoup Becky!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Fac a Face are very popular here too...one of my friends just ordered the same pair that I bought! Creme Brulee tea would be a weight watcher friendly way of enjoying "dessert!" I must try some...

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Dani...I cannot take all the credit for the glasses as the assistant where I go for my eye exams is very gifted when it comes to knowing what will work for peoples face shapes...she also makes sure that the glasses fit well and don't slip or move around when walking etc...Hope you enjoy the David's Teas.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I had never heard of the soap either...I did use it on a stain on my cream coloured knit top and it came out...I think it was a drop of coffee...which can be a stubborn stain to get out.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I made a cabbage roll casserole last night and we are having it again tonight...like having a night off cooking dinner once in awhile!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I just bought a large Avene water and a free smaller one came with it for travel...great for my cottage weeks...I have not heard of Tatcha.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Snow in Beverly Hills? That must be a first!!! My goodness I bet it looked pretty on the palm trees! Hope you took some pictures...

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Happy shopping...there are so many cute frames available these days...choosing just one pair is the challenge!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

It was suggested by the WW leader that we pour the 2 litres of water into a jug and keep it close by to remind us that we need to consume it every day...good advice and not too difficult if it is in plain sight.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am getting wiser about the double meals...last night I made a cabbage roll casserole...easy to do because you don't roll the filling into a cabbage leaf you just put all the ingredients into a casserole dish and bake...we have another dinner of them tonight!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Most prime rib roasts are too big for just the two of us...so I usually make them when we have guests for dinner but every now and again I get a craving for one.
Did you get snow like Sandra Sallin did?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Our eyes change quite a bit after 40...I try to go every 2 years for an exam...other health issues can be found on an eye exam too...high cholesterol, brain issues, etc..I like to think that tea is the elixer of the gods!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh and we are supposed to get a frosting of snow here tomorrow! Those poor daffodils that are blooming will get a shock!

Pondside said...

I like your new glassea a lot!
I had to smile at the picture of your tea because that ia exactly what I am drinking these days. Forever Flawless is also delicious as iced tea.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Ah we are tea twins!!!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your new glasses are darling!

Madame Là-bas said...

Your glasses suit you. I really enjoy wearing glasses. I'm going to have cataract surgery soon so eventually I might just wear readers. Drinking enough water is so important for all of our systems and for our skin. The poor little flowers do get confused.

Julie said...

Great choice in glasses. They should be high quality and unique. You got it.