Sunday, March 8, 2015

Chin Up!

Flaky dry skin often rears its ugly head at this time of year despite a dedicated skincare regime.
It signals to me that I need to book a Spa facial.


As I am watching my expenses a $200 facial is not currently in my budget.
So it's off to the Pharmacy to chat with the lovely gals at the cosmetic counter...
they know that I use Avene and asked if I exfoliate, and I do.
I use a Bio-Gommage by Physiodermie from the dermatologist once or twice a week.
The area that is flaky is one small patch on my chin which I find quite annoying as it is so noticeable.


My skin gets TLC and I am diligent when it comes to maintenance and swear by the Avene line from France.


The Avene serum has intensive hydrating properties and is designed for really dry skin.


It was suggested that I use the serum at bedtime and slather a layer of the moisture mask over top,
sleep with it on all night and wash it off in the morning.
The gals told me to wear these two products on the airplane when I fly off to Paris...
9 hours of moisturizing sounds like a Spa pampering treatment.

It's day 2 of using these two together and the flakiness has greatly reduced...almost gone.
I suppose that just goes to show that it's good to be open to new ways of doing things.

I had a $5 coupon, as well as the seniors discount and received a gift with purchase.
Win ~ Win 
 at a fraction of the cost of a professional facial.

I'm increasing my water consumption in hopes that I will counteract this drying trend in the future.
The aging process brings many new challenges.
Counteracting dryness ~ one of the first of many!


                                          "Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
                                                        We grow old by deserting our ideals.
                               Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul."

                                                                      ~ Samuel Ullman ~


12 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I know that flying is very dehydrating so it probably would be a good idea to use a really rich moisturizer. It's nice that you have found products that you really like.

No Sacrifice Bags said...

I know how frustrating it is dealing with changes that occur to our skin. When all else fails, I always return to plain old Vaseline®. I use it from my face, to my feet, and it never lets me down.

Lorrie said...

I battle dry skin on my hands and feet more than on my face. Isn't it wonderful to have knowledgeable help at the cosmetic counters in drugstores? Glad you are finding solutions to the dry skin problem.

Splendid Market said...

I agree with your final statement, so true. Also, love your product tip. I find there are so many great products that we can use to keep our skin looking good at this age.

LPC said...

Glad you found something that works! Nice to have a professional who knows you to give some advice:).

Bmore Bungalow said...

It can be hard combatting dry skin in the winter. A few months back I discovered this easy DIY facial scrub recipe. I have been making it for friends and family and they LOVE it. It's a great low cost remedy http://bmorebungalow.blogspot.com/2014/09/diy-organic-facial-scrub.html

Karen said...

Loving the quote.

Madame Là-bas said...

I only brought a cleanser and one product Avène Crème Nutritive Compensatrice with me to Mexico and I slather it on morning and night. I get dryness around my eyebrows maybe because I have them tinted. When you are in Paris,take a look at the skin products in every corner pharmacie and at Monoprix. Skin care is like a religion. Since I have turned more to the pharmacy at home (reasons of austerity), I have found that certainly Shoppers' and Pharmasave have excellent staff with good product knowledge.

Marilyn said...

I use Avène products all the time and no longer have the red dry patches on my face. I must try the masque at night. Great suggestion.

KSL said...

I use a lot of fancy skincare products, but for certain things like a rough, flakey area, nothing works better than a slathering of Aquaphor.

Susan B said...

I've used that Avene moisture masque before and loved it! (Great idea to apply before a long flight!) I've also found that good old Aquaphor applied to flaky spots at bedtime is often effective.

Sandra Sallin said...

Love having a person I know recomend products. I must try some that you recommend. At the same time I do love aquaphor for serious work.