Monday, December 22, 2014

Season's Greetings

Season's Greetings and A Humble Bungalow thank you.


The house has been decorated, the gifts have been purchased and wrapped.
The cookies have been baked, rum balls rolled and the chocolate bark has been assembled.
There are still some finishing touches to attend to, gifts to be delivered and food to be prepped
so I will be taking a few days off while I get busy here in The Humble Bungalow Kitchen.
I will be brewing many pots of tea and pacing myself,
savouring and noticing the special moments...






I've never read The Perfectly Imperfect Home...
it's obvious!
check out my nod to imperfection
(the stake in the pot!)
Price tag still attached...and it's a scrap that I stole from Mr. HB's workshop...
no chance of perfection here in The Humble Bungalow!
I kind of like real life...and who snuck the chocolates?
I had the oranges and chocolates alternating...
I know my family.
(I have extras in the pantry!)


I'll leave you with some images of our wee Charlie Brown tree which is almost exclusively decorated with vintage ornaments.


At no other time of year does our wee bungalow feel so brightly steeped in white light.


You might be able to see my coral coloured Lands' End sweater in the green bauble.
I wore black skinny jeans and a cream tank top with the sweater 
for our annual tree decorating and pizza party with the family.
It was a fun filled afternoon with two lovely "little helpers" who put smiles on the faces of all of the adults in attendance!


Embracing the imperfect,
 from the wee tree to the age and patina of the well worn ornamentation...
hung by our families on trees from Christmases past.


Wishing you a memorable and special holiday season.
I'll be back after the feasting and before our New Year's house guests arrive!

Hostess
XO

22 comments:

Blue Booby said...

Merry Christmas!

Susan ~ Southern Fascinations said...

Pretty, pretty!! Let the festivities begin! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Love your blog and beautiful house. Kerry from Gold Coast Australia.

Susan B said...

Merry Christmas to you Leslie! Hope your holiday is merry and bright. I love your cheerful little tree.

Bonnie said...

Sending you wishes for a Merry Christmas, and a glorious Happy New Year!

ci said...

some of your ornaments look so familiar.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Have a lovely, lovely Christmas.

Patricia said...

Merry Christmas Leslie!

Susan said...

Wonderful sentiments and lovely tree. Our tree is decorated with the same ornaments--all vintage and all much loved.

Sydney Shop Girl said...

Merry Christmas and much love to the Hostess family!

SSG xxx

DaniBP said...

Merry Christmas Hostess you've got the bungalow looking gorgeous.

Northmoon said...

Have a wonderful Christmas celebration with your family in your beautiful bungalow. And all the best in 2015.

LPC said...

Merry Christmas and a wonderful celebration to you. Your house looks exquisite!

JennyC said...

Thank you for your lovely posts. happy Christmas to you and your family.

Michelle Chun LeRoy said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! And thank you for your lovely blog!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Everything looks lovely; Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jennifer said...

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. Merry Merry Christmas Leslie!! The richness of our lives are perfection enough. xo

Jim & Sonya Guthrie said...

Merry Christmas, Leslie!!

KSL said...

Merry Christmas - your house looks so festive and I love the Charlie Brown tree.

kristieinbc said...

Your home looks very lovely and Christmasy! I like your idea of savouring and pacing. I need to keep those two words in mind over the next few days. :-)

Merry Christmas!!

Karen said...

Happy Christmas to you and your family. I so love your blog.
Kind Regards
Karen

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Merry Christmas Hostess! I remember those ornaments; and metal tinsel too. Your tree looks lovely.
I'm just getting our traditional Christmas Eve fondue in place; and wondering where the year went?
All The Best in 2015.

Holiday Cheers,
Donna