Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Walking in the rain...

The skies opened up with torrents of rain...
the streets slippery with liquid sunshine
booted and clad in rain gear
I venture forth...
with trepidation...


fallen leaves
slick streets


red leafed boulevards


heritage trees clad in autumnal coats
with sturdy gnarly trunks....


granite and lichen
complimenting each other...


fence and leaves 
harmony perchance?


the road rising up ahead...


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

traditional gaelic blessing




berries along the way...


a decaf low fat latte as a reward... 
a port in the storm


the village coffee shop
a respite from the elements that nature has shared with us today...

time to dry out
before embarking on the watery walk back home!


Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.  
~Roger Miller


16 comments:

coffeeaddict said...

Love the photos and the gaelic blessing. Beautiful post!

Duchesse said...

I prefer snow to rain, as the sun's around more- five or six days without sun begins to lower my mood. A decaf latte is the prefect treat, and that's a charming view from the shop's patio.

Go raibh maith agat.

Anonymous said...

What incredible colours, everything is grey here.

Suburban Princess said...

I so dislike going out in the rain! My hair ends up plastered to my face and I get chilled to the bone! I dont have what it takes to live on the west coast!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful colors everywhere, must be so lovely to walk there.

Sulky Kitten said...

Nice photos.I love walking in the rain, but my walks aren't as colourful as yours at the minute!

Sue/the view from great island said...

I admire you for walking in the rain...I can't bring myself to. But your gorgeous photos are inspiring me. I'd love to hang out at that village coffee shop!

Lorrie said...

A walk in the rain can be fun, especially with the promise of a treat at one end, and home at the other. Love all the colours and textures - it's a beautiful part of the world.

Sun is shining here this morning after a very wet night. Who knows what's coming next?

Staircase Witch said...

Perhaps you count yourself among those who just get wet, but it is pretty clear that you walk in the rain. What gorgeous colors--and the pictures are so well-composed!

mette said...

I am the one who gets wet ( the quote ).
My, you have energy and take interesting pictures!

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Beautiful photos. I especially like the gnarly trees. Very different and really nature's art.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Gorgeous photos. How I love that Roger Miller quote!

the gardener's cottage said...

what a lovely walk you have there leslie.

Saucy Siciliana said...

The weather sounds like the one here in Rome, we are going around with boots and umbrellas these days, it seems like London! Beautiful pictures, it was like having a nice walk. I am following you. Regards from a Sicilian in Rome.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Enjoyed my first time visit.... and catching those glimpses of beauty you captured with your camera. I could almost smell the latte!

Enjoyed seeing Pepper in your sidebar. A kitty lover -- he looks sweet! I adore kitty cats!

Judith said...

Interesting walk,like the wet pavement between the houses....love oogling houses!

Do you sing to yourself as you walk....like Gene Kelly. Ida